Make your home feel cozy and encourage your dinner party guests to linger longer around the table. These home decorating tips will add a sweet autumn ambiance to your home without a lot time, effort, or cost.
- Swap your lightweight summer throw pillows for velvet ones in darker, richer shades (think pumpkin, russet, gold, or plaid) to make your home feel warm and cozy.
- With shorter days, add a couple extra table lamps or candles to give off a soft glow.
- Fill a wide-mouth vase with dry beans or peas and add acorns, artichokes, and squash to the top.
- Encourage dinner party guests to linger longer at your table by adding a comfortable cushion and coordinating pillow to your dining chairs.
- Store mini pumpkins under your favorite cake dome.
- Make your own napkin rings by drilling holes through acorns or other large nuts and running a thick piece of wire through them to create a circle.
- Turn an empty frame into a menu board using chalkboard paint. Use it to display the menu for a dinner party or to write notes to your family and friends.
- Fill an oversized woven basket with cozy blankets so you and your guests can stay warm and comfortable.
If you have some of your own favorite ideas, let us know!